Monday, 31 August 2009

Eating and spending, eating and spending...

We are back home again after an exciting week in Auckland. It was so fun - there was SO MUCH good food, including some giant steaks (Matt's was slow cooked for 24 hours before serving), some great Malaysian, and some epic Yum Cha. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera at hand to capture any of these moments....

..I did, however, have it nearby to snap a photo of the sparrows in St Kevin's arcade finishing off someone else's afternoon tea:


We did a lot of walking (I had forgotten how hilly Auckland is), and a fair amount of impulsive purchasing. There was an auction at Art and Object last week, and although we didn't bid, Matt and I were both very keen on pair of Ernest Race rockers. I popped in there on Wednesday to find that they hadn't sold at auction, so after a short time bargaining managed to buy them! They are lovely, but need reupholstering, no photos at hand, but got this one from retrouvius.com (who distribute a reissue of the same chair):

Frustratingly, they won't arrive here for another two weeks or so, but maybe by then we'll have forgotten about them and it will be like a big surprise! Now we just need a house to put them in...

With all that excitement over, it's back to my life of (not very much anymore as I seem to have taken on far too many small projects) leisure.

Thanks Bro, for the place to crash.


(In case you're wondering, he's taking photos of his garden growing. Slowly).

No comments: