Monday, 20 July 2009

A break in the weather...

The sun came out today (apparently it was out yesterday too but as I was enduring one of my worst ever days of work I missed it), and so I did something I've been wanting to do for ages - made bird feeders.

Not sure if it will work but I took some honey, peanut butter, linseed, sesame seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, mashed them all together then smeared it all over some pine cones.


They look kind of ugly and silly, but I'm hoping they're enough to bring the wax eyes out for a nibble.


The weather has been forecast to not only get into double figures tomorrow but to get to a high of 16 degrees! A 'Norwest will be blowing and so I am ultra excited about the washing opportunities - I think I might even get the flannelette sheets washed and dried... I have a thing about washing, and a good drying day in July is like Christmas for me.

Boo spent this afternoon practicing lying in the sun - hopefully she'll get to do a bit of that tomorrow and maybe even the next day too.

No comments: