Monday, 16 November 2009

Garden goodness - update


I went on a cleaning frenzy over the weekend - washed all the windows inside and out - the first time it's been done in the 3 years we've been living here.

While I was clambering around outside the windows of our spare room, I found this wee gem hiding in the corner. I've never noticed it in previous years - that's one very cool thing about where we live - the garden just does it's own thing, and every year new things seem to appear.

And another find yesterday - my strawberries have started to fruit.


My wild imagination made me think that home-grown strawberries would be giant and glossy and red and perfect, but then I remembered that store-bought ones are so genetically modified that nothing in real life can compare.


So mine are small and uneven, but they taste oh so delicious!

No comments: