Sunday, 5 April 2009

Acceptance we'll be here for a while yet and therefore preparations for winter......

Yes, it's taken a while for us to really accept it, but with nothing on the horizon (we haven't managed to get as far as even making an offer) it looks like we'll be staying in the country for this winter. We do have one house left on our list which we're kind of drawing out as long as possible, cos when we've crossed that one of we've got nothing left. Hmm.

Anyway, it's been a bit chilly of late, so this weekend we borrowed a trailer and went and carted a couple of loads of firewood....at the back door....


...in the shed...


..and in the laundry (which is not as weird as it sounds as our laundry is outside in a kind of shed - it is too dark to photograph well).

I don't think we've got enough until spring, but there's plenty for now.

And in another snippet of news that I am immensely proud of, I can now jog for 40 minutes. This is actually a mammoth achievement for me, as I have never been able to go for more than about 300 metres without collapsing in a wheezing, groaning, heaving heap. And it's taken me a ridiculously long time to get from that to where I am now, I'm not even going to say cos it took so long. No major plans for marathons (or even 10km runs) for now - I just like the idea of going for a half hour run a couple of times a week! Brilliant!

No comments: