Sunday, 4 October 2009

How did I miss this?

I don't remember the last time I ate French toast. It must have been years and years ago. So when Matt bought a loaf of bread home for dinner last night that we never ate, i woke this morning and decided to give French toast a crack (I can't remember when I last ate it, and I'm pretty sure I've never made it).

I made up a batter with eggs, cream, caster sugar and milk, and give it a go.


By crikey! How good is French toast? Man, I feel like I've been missing out on this. Why didn't anyone tell me it was so good? I ate 5 pieces, and for some reason the bread was lighter and easier to eat than before it was drenched in eggy goodness and fried. I totally could have kept eating.


We had some maple syrup, and I made some cinnamon sugar, and some yoghurt with honey and nutmeg. We both had the full range of condiments on each serving. Golly gosh, it was incredible. Miles better than the pancakes I usually make, and even nicer than my homemade crumpets.

I'm pretty certain these will feature again in our kitchen on another Sunday morning soon. Or maybe tomorrow, for a Monday morning treat?

No comments: