Sunday, 6 July 2008

Sundays

I have never had two consecutive Sundays be so different. This Sunday (today) I woke with a horrendous hangover and vague recollections of singing The Carpenter's "Top of the World" at Christchurch's best karaoke venue - "Christchurch Idol". The whole day has been dark and queasy, and focussed around my favourite hangover cure: Nourish the Nausea - basically eat as much as you can. I had 2 pieces of toast, scrambled eggs with toast and salmon, 1 flat white, 1 pain au chocolat, 1 jumbo vanilla milkshake with ice cream and I still have a steak pie and a cookie time to come. 

Compare with last Sunday when it poured and poured with rain. I awoke fresh and energetic and accomplished so much...

1. I finished off the quilt I had been working on for the most part of two years....


2. I baked some gingernuts for the boys at the office (they only lasted 3 days).. note the jerusalem artichokes and rosemary on the left of the photo - they went in with the roast chicken that I cooked for dinner....


3. I made yet another cushion for our lovely Hans Wegner couch. I have had to ban myself from making any more cushions for the house unless we buy more furniture...

I was going to end there, but then Boo ran up and asked if I would please put up the picture of her in her coat - it snowed (again!!) in Christchurch yesterday so she posed for this (slightly fuzzy) pic:

No comments: