Thursday, 31 July 2008

Wet as..

First we had the crazy snows and now the crazy "weather bomb"...at first we thought it was just hype - something to keep the media busy, but then we woke up this morning to nothing short of a flood:

I borrowed this photo off the New Zealand Herald website but it was taken somewhere just around the corner:

But ignoring the warnings we both still set off for work, but soon after I became a little uneasy, what with the water reaching higher than my car doors and the lack of any other vehicle except for civil defence trucks, fire engines and police. But things seemed to be getting worse and so the decision was made to close the clinic and get everybody home.

It's a strange feeling being home in the middle of the day when you would usually be working, at first I was a little restless, especially seeing as I have finished my "Preggie Ladies Project" (which I will get back to soon when I have a decent photo). So I decided to begin my next knitting project - a little top made out of the most lovely green yarn from Jo Sharp.


And what would a posting be without at least one photo of some baking, this time it's my At-Home-Cos-It's-Too-Flooded-To-Work sultana scones:


Lil.

No comments: