Thursday, 12 February 2009

Bring it on...

Well, the car is packed, the kayak and bike are on the roof, and we're ready to go do this thing. I've been feeding Matt up this past week with lots of carbohydrates (heaps of pasta and potatoes) and a fair amount a baking including gingernuts and oaty apple loaf:


I've sent him off to work this morning with more pasta and some chocolate brownies. It's raining today for the first time in ages (I think summer is nearly over) which is great for the race (the more water in the river the better for kayaking), but not so great for the two nights camping in Kumara beforehand.

And of course, I haven't forgotten the fruit cake.

I have to say I'll be glad when all of this is over, it feels like I've been living with a teenage boy for the past couple of months - he's hardly here, and when he is, all he does is eat. I'm constantly washing his sweaty t-shirts and socks, and the bathroom smells vaguely like a boys lockeroom.

Okay, bring it on.

No comments: