Monday, 22 June 2009

Random Monday bits and pieces.

When we last spoke, I was off to have a gin and make a courgette (zucchini) and rice gratin for dinner... here's the result:

It was okay. Only okay mind you, I've decided that courgettes are best eaten in small quantities - a whole gratin was taking things a bit far..

In other kitchen news, I've been making a fair bit of my own toasted muesli:


It has been very yummy - with lots of almonds, coconut and dried cranberries (and much cheaper than what you can buy in the shops these days).

We had a fairly sedate weekend - Matt was a bit sickly on Saturday (oh no! the attack of swine flu!), but Sunday was reasonably productive - we looked at two houses which were for sale (I don't think we've ever looked at two in one day that were actually on the market) and found a couple more which aren't for sale but look promising. I am now well and truly over the country life, the social isolation is becoming unbearable and driving our old cars over 500km per week is definitely not cool. There are a couple of absolute gems in Christchurch (house wise), but we just can't convince the people who own them to sell them to us! AAAarrrghh!! It is starting to do my head in.

My five week stint of work is drawing to a close as well, but I've got a couple more weeks lined up after that, taking me to the middle of July. Then hopefully I will pop up to Auckland for a visit and then maybe even over to Melbourne for a few days - Ikea is calling to me.

Righto, time to walk Boo again (her third walk for the day). Ciao.

No comments: