Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Winter doughnut-y goodness.

It was such a cold and wintery weekend - we had rain and wind and snow and woke on Sunday to the sound of heavy hail. The sky stayed dark almost all weekend and when it wasn't raining it was threatening to.


On Monday (a public holiday - yay!) we went and met Mr Shepard Kelleher and went for a drive up the hill while we were in the hood, the view was far more dramatic and bleak than my photos convey, but you get the general idea.




You may be wondering why I care about public holidays when I don't even work hardly at all anymore but truth is that I've committed to five weeks work in town.... crazy. Such a shock to the system, but I'm getting used to it. Fortunately we have our Citroen back bright and new so at least I don't have to get up at sparrow's fart to drop Matt at work first.

To farewell the long weekend and say hello to the working week, last night I ventured into the previously unchartered waters of deep fried doughnuts. Apple and lemon to be specific. With cinnamon and sugar coating.

They were so delicious. And so very very bad for us.

No comments: