Monday, 3 August 2009

Snippets of my weekend.

We have had about ten days now of reasonable weather - often cold, but little rain, and sometimes even balmy. We had a record day on Friday - 20 degrees! I'm not sure why it is, but Cantabrians are always obsessed with weather - something Matt and I noticed when we moved here from Melbourne, but it's something that we have now embraced also.

On Saturday afternoon, we all went for a walk (well, Pot didn't join us) on the farm, to make the most of the fading light.

Sunday I took Boo to Hagley park, and came across the Christchurch Irish Wolfhound walking group:


It's difficult to see but they made an impressive group - most of these dogs are about the same height as an adult's waist, or higher.

And finally, I am working on a sewing project which I am very excited about. It's not for me, and until it's done I'm not letting on exactly what it is, but here's a sneak preview:



No comments: