Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Daily bread

Every couple of days we buy a loaf of bread from a bakery, or from the supermarket. It usually costs around $4NZD, and I reckon we buy about five loaves a week. It adds up (to $20 if you're good at maths). I've decided to have a go at making bread daily at home in an attempt to:

a) save money
b) eat nicer bread.

I started today, using this recipe.


And I ended up with this:

Which looks HUGE in the photo, but was actually only about the size of....well, not as big as it looks anyway!

Delicious though. I used plain flour this time, but might try High Grade flour for the next batch and see if it makes a difference.

2 comments:

Lillabilly said...

Well done for trying your hand at breadmaking. High grade flour will definately make a difference! I have a lovely stromboli recipe on my blog which you might like to try - the bread dough base recipe also makes lovely buns and loaves too. There is nothing quite like homemade bread!

Lil and Matt said...

Thanks! Your stromboli looks pretty damned good too.