Friday, 6 August 2010

Sewing escapades...

It has been months since I sewed something (I think way back when I made the kid's bunting and birds..). I have been meaning to make him a cushion for sometime now, and finally got around to doing it this week...


Yet again, a project which uses up some of my stash (and Matt's old shirts) - that seems to be all I sew nowadays, and so while I was on a roll at it I whipped up a couple of bibs for the kid yesterday using my snap press.


I don't think I ever blogged about this way back when I got it as it's main purpose was for making snaps on nappies, and how interesting are home-made nappies? Not very. And baby bibs aren't much more interesting either, except that they seem far more stylish when they are made out of men's shirts - it is incredibly hard to find bibs that aren't all vulgar and bright with stupid words and pictures.


I know that at the end of the day they are just bits of fabric that get dribble and spew all over them and who cares what they look like... call me superficial, but I do.

I'm thinking of making some more....Paul - do you think The Lost Sock Office would like some?

No comments: