Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Passing time

Summer is SO here. It is always warm and the soles of my feet are stained a dirty brown. However my industrious time off has been stalled by this book:

It is a great read - well written and interesting and all but it is SO LONG. Like, nearly 1500 pages. That's heaps. And you can see my bookmark - I'm only a third of the way through! I am sure Vikram could have condensed it into a 700 page job. Hmph. Anyway, I tried to make some muffins a couple of weeks back and I failed dismally. Turns out the Edmond's muffin recipe isn't all it's cracked up to be. But the other day I stumbled across a recipe for ginger, chocolate and banana muffins and folks, we have a winner... bang on.


They look a little pale and under cooked but they were fine. Yummy. Today I made another batch - this time rhubarb and chocolate.

It is great having enough time to do things like stuffing a shoulder of lamb for dinner....spinach (from the garden), mint (from the garden), basil, feta, pine nuts, almonds and garlic. Yummo. Matt will be pleased.

a

No comments: